Windsor Area Recreation Commission
Skip to nav
Windsor Youth Sports Return to Play Guidelines- COVID-19
Windsor Youth Sports Season Guidelines (COVID-19)
The Windsor Area Recreation Commission has developed the following guidelines for the 2020 youth sports season based on guidance provided by the Pennsylvania Recreational and Parks Society (PRPS) and the CDC Guidelines:
- Coaches/players/parents should wear face coverings, unless it creates a health concern to do so OR when they can socially distance from others.
- Baseballs/Softballs/Tee Balls/Soccer Balls etc. will be disinfected after all practices and games.
- Bleachers are NOT sanitized and are use at your own risk
- Coaches will also travel with a spray bottle containing disinfectant for use on equipment and player area as needed.
- Sharing of equipment is strongly discouraged. WARC will have no team issued player equipment with the exception of the following:
- WARC will issue (loan) individual batting bats, helmets, soccer balls etc. based on personal need.
- WARC will issue (loan) catchers gear based on personal need.
- Baseball/Softball teams will be issued catchers gear, which will require cleaning/disinfection after each player change.
- Player to Player Contact
- Huddles will only be permitted when following 6 foot social distancing guidance.
- No unnecessary player to player contact.
- Players must follow social distancing guidelines in the player/dugout area. Each field will accommodate social distances by assigning designated areas for players on the sidelines.
- Coaches will not provide water for the team (you may send snacks for your child ONLY)
- We strongly recommend that each player travel with a stadium chair that allows them to social distance.
- No food of any kind will be permitted in the dugout/bench area (i.e., this includes sunflower seeds and chewing gum).
- Water bottles must be labeled with players names.
- Player to Fan Contact
- The player dugout/bench areas are limited to coaches and players only. Non players (i.e., parents and guardians) are not permitted in the player area for any circumstance. This is for player protection purposes.
- Each player is limited to two spectators per game (this does not include approved WARC coaches/volunteers).
- Player and Parent Commitment
- If a player is experiencing flu like symptoms they are not permitted to attend practice or games.